www.WESTERNMAGPIES.com

Home of the Official Collingwood Supporters Club of Western Australia

WM Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cameron Wood to step up?

Newelly

He will have to as Jolly wont be back for Cats match. TBH even tho he is losing the hit out counts he is competing well and not allowing opposition ruckmen to get clear taps most of the time . I'm starting to have faith that he's improving. He was also moving back into defence well to provide stops during doggies match.

May 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

percypie

I've watched the replay and concluded that Cam was quite good without being outstanding. He was moving well around the ground won the contested ball though he was partially beaten in the hitouts. With more game time, he has every opportunity to improve though I am sure he will be nervous going up against Ottens. He certainly needs to find confidence and believe in himself. He is improving and is still young, as ruckmen go.

May 5, 2011 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Newelly

percypie at May 5, 2011 at 5:11 AM

I've watched the replay and concluded that Cam was quite good without being outstanding. He was moving well around the ground won the contested ball though he was partially beaten in the hitouts. With more game time, he has every opportunity to improve though I am sure he will be nervous going up against Ottens. He certainly needs to find confidence and believe in himself. He is improving and is still young, as ruckmen go.

be annoyed if 24yo Wood can't give 31yo Ottens a bit of a run around at least in terms of presenting around the ground. Expect Ottens to win HO's but have some faith Wood can compete well enough to stifle the effectiveness of their winning ruck taps.

May 5, 2011 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.